How Tablets Change Education For the Better Infographic
Classroom learning promotes teamwork, critical thinking, and basic skills children use for the rest of their lives. When tablets are introduced into the classroom, students can explore a realm of learning unattainable by traditional technology, helping them become active participants in their own education. Coupled with hands-on guidance from teachers, tablet learning provides customizable, flexible education. This infographic fromlooks at how tablets are changing education for the better. Tablet teaching brings modern technology to today’s generation, preparing them for a life of learning.
Tablets let children use technology they already know
- On average, children get their first smartphones at age 10
- In 2015, 83% of households had tablet computers
- 80% of elementary students use tablets regularly
What do students think?
- 86% think tablets help them study more effectively
- 64% think tablets help them do better in class
- 75% think technology helps them achieve their academic goals
- 54% think they are more actively involved in classes that use technology
- 81% think using tablets lets them learn in a way that’s best for them
- 79% think tablets help students do better in class
How do tablets stack up against textbooks?
- Less textbooks = Less paper waste
- Use of apps opens doors to new, unique learning
- Easier to carry than big textbooks
- No risk of damage to rented textbooks
- E-textbooks can be open-source, at no cost to schools
- Students can access more information in one place
What can teachers do with tablets?
- Create and share demonstrations in real time
- Share video lectures for student consumption
- Create personalized lesson plans for students with disabilities
- Use video conferencing to connect with different cultures
- Grade papers and tests with apps
- Encourage student creativity through art and writing
- Use educational games to keep kids interested
- Help multilingual and ESL students communicate efficiently
- Design tests and quizzes to be taken on tablets
The postappeared first on .